Jonathan is a Solicitor and High Court Advocate in Civil Proceedings. Jonathan is also a Notary Public having qualified from the University College of London in 2016 and offers a wide range of notarial services around Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire and Merseyside.
What is a Notary Public?
A notary public is a specially qualified person who can verify the authenticity of a document in order to reassure a foreign country that the document is valid and can be relied on. The notary will check a person’s identity, their legal capacity, and their understanding of the document to be verified. They will also check a person’s authority to sign the document.
Why this service?
Sometimes a document that is to be used in a foreign country will have to be checked and certified by a Notary Public before it will be accepted by the receiving jurisdiction. The services of a Notary Public may be needed by a UK citizen, or by a non-UK citizen who wishes to use documents in the UK. In certain circumstances, a business may also need the help of a Notary Public.
- Administering oaths & statutory declarations
- Authenticating residency certificates
- Preparing foreign adoption applications
- Authenticating documents to assist in the opening of bank accounts within, or outside of, the UK
- Authenticating documents to assist in the opening of corporate branch offices within, or outside of, the UK
- Authenticating company and business documents and transactions for foreign contracts
- Authenticating documents for immigration or emigration purposes
- Authenticating documents needed in order to marry or work abroad
- Dealing with lost passports, share certificates and other documents
- Dealing with documents relating to the purchase or sale of land and property abroad
- Dealing with documents relating to foreign wills, inheritance and estate administration
- Notarising execution of power of attorney for a company, limited liability partnership or other trading medium
- Authenticating company and business documents and transactions for the formation of foreign subsidiary companies
- Preparing and witnessing powers of attorney for use overseas