Employment Law Solicitors
Our experienced team of employment lawyers aim to keep costs at a minimum and make dealing with issues – both contentious and non-contentious – as hassle-free as possible.
Our tailored employment law services meet your individual requirements as we know that every employment tribunal is different to another.
Employment law is constantly evolving, therefore, you need to work with the right employment solicitors. Prosperity Law will provide you with accurate guidance on current employment laws and regulations and how they apply to both you and your business. We work with both employees and employers to provide clear legal advice, whatever their requirements.
Expert Employment Solicitors & Contract Lawyers
Your Employment Law Solicitor will provide expert legal advice and will keep you updated through every stage and step of your case.
We provide an advisory and representation service on the full range of employment law issues.
If you have had a disagreement in the workplace been discriminated against or have been unfairly dismissed, then our employment lawyers can assist. Difficulties in the workplace can leave you feeling stressed but our expert employment lawyers thrive to reach a positive conclusion in your case as quickly and efficiently as possible.
With a reputation for being highly commercial, we aim to not only advise on the employment and contract law, but the wider business impact and commercial implications.
Our Manchester employment solicitors offer legal advice and services on all aspects of employment law for employees and employers, including:
- Employment Tribunal representation
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal
- Compromise Agreements
- In-house training and advice
- Service Agreements
- General employment advice
Employment Tribunal representation Contact our Employment team for a confidential appointment. We will respond very quickly to urgent situations and offer to visit Employers at their place of business where discussion with relevant staff and consideration of documents on site can often be a very effective way of doing business. Where employees require urgent advice in preparation for meetings an early appointment will be made available.
When you first contact us, we will discuss your matter with you over the phone. We do not normally charge for the cost of an initial discussion with you.
We will provide you with a costs estimate which will be specific to your own individual employment matter. As a guide, detailed below is an indication of the likely costs associated with representation in an Employment Tribunal.
Simple Case £500 – £7500
Medium Complexity – £5000 – £15000
Complex case – £15000 and upwards
There will be an additional charge for attending a tribunal hearing of between £1,160 to ££2,450 per day (excluding VAT). Generally, we would allow 1 to 10 days depending on the complexity of your case.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as medical fees in cases involving discrimination.
Counsel’s fees estimated between £750 to £1,500 per day (depending on experience of the advocate) for attending a Tribunal Hearing (including preparation)
The fees set out above cover all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:
- Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
- Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
- Preparing claim or response
- Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
- Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
- preparing or considering a schedule of loss
- Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
- Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
- preparing bundle of documents
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
- agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
The stages set out above are an indication and if some of stages above are not required, the fee will be reduced. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged on your individual needs.
How long will my matter take?
The time that it takes from taking your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on the stage at which your case is resolved. If a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation, your case is likely to take 1 – 6 weeks. If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 1- 12 months. This is just an estimate and we will, of course, be able to give you a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.
Request a Free Consultation?
Get In Touch Today.