Insolvency is a highly technical and specialist area of law. Here at Prosperity Law LLP our insolvency team has considerable technical expertise in both personal and corporate insolvencies.
We have experience acting on behalf of receivers, liquidators, insolvency practitioners, and trustees in bankruptcy across the full range of litigious insolvency-related matters, with particular emphasis on advising and assisting insolvency practitioners in pursuing claims to recover assets in order to maximise the realisation of assets for creditors.
Our specialist team is also experienced in advising individuals facing bankruptcy, as well as directors of financially distressed companies, who face an entirely different set of considerations and duties. We frequently advise directors on the steps to take (or not to take, as the case may be) to avoid personal liability.
Our expertise includes:
- Bankruptcies (including making and challenging statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions)
- Company insolvencies
- Compulsory liquidations
- Creditor’s voluntary liquidations
- Director disqualification proceedings
- Duties and liabilities of directors on insolvency
- Investigations into antecedent transactions (including breaches of director’s duties, misfeasance, transactions at an undervalue, preferences, transactions defrauding creditors, wrongful and fraudulent trading)
- Partnership disputes leading to insolvency
- Retention of title claims
- Winding up petitions
Why Choose Prosperity Law?
The team is headed up by Simon Gerrard, who has a wealth of experience acting for Insolvency Practitioners, directors and high-net-worth individuals in the UK and Australia.
Our specialist team is well-positioned to provide our clients with urgent practical advice, and prides itself on offering commercial and clear guidance. Through the resourceful use of the insolvency process, we strive to deliver first-class, commercial solutions to our clients’ objectives.
We also provide practical and flexible cost arrangements that are tailored to the requirements of you and your business.
If you need assistance from an insolvency litigation specialist, simply get in touch with Prosperity Law today on 0161 667 3697, or contact Simon Gerrard, Head of Insolvency, on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how we can assist you.
Request a Free Consultation?
Get In Touch Today.