Simon Gerrard – Partner & Head of Insolvency
Simon joined Prosperity Law LLP in September 2019 as Head of Insolvency. Simon has a wealth of experience at leading international law firms, in the UK and Australia, acting for a varied client base ranging from Insolvency Practitioners, directors, professional sports clubs and individuals.
Simon is an experienced insolvency and commercial litigator with a proven track record of assisting clients to resolve their commercial disputes. His experience extends to insolvency, contractual, technology, partnership and professional practice, regulatory and shareholder disputes.
Simon is a tenacious and tactically astute litigator. His tireless approach to litigation has been recommended in the UK Legal 500, in which he was credited as being “extremely competent and efficient” and adopting “a practical and tactical approach”.
Simon’s experience includes:
• $100m claim against the trustee of an insolvent debenture fund in Australia
• £2m fraudulent dissipation of monies claim against an accountancy practice and associated third parties
• Advising Insolvency Practitioners on a wide range of claims arising in an insolvency context, including breach of director’s duties, misfeasance, transactions at an undervalue, wrongful and fraudulent trading
• Numerous partnership and professional practice disputes, including claims involving dishonesty and fraudulent conduct
• Acting as an independent advisor to the Financial Conduct Authority concerning interest rate hedging product claims
• Acting for professional rugby league clubs concerning commercial disputes with sponsors and creditors
• Making and defending injunctions including Freezing Orders and other interim applications